Monday, June 28, 2010


Feels Like Home.

Putzing around town and decided to hit up this consignment shop upon the most excellent recommendation of L (who, when she told me about it, was wearing a wondrous hat from the place). My first thought about seeing it was it does more than feel like home: it looks the home. Feels Like Home is a tastefully set up joint inside a house on 37th street. There are pretties strewed outside, shoving curiosity upon you as to what lingers within. It's set up like a home (shocking) with little bedrooms, complete with beds, furnished with bedspreads. The closets even have some dresses in them. Feels Like Home felt like a very classy home that just happened to have price tags on everything. There were gnarly clocks, impractical hats, baskets, jewelry, home furnishings, and the like. When I went there today, there was a sale going on. The employee was helpful and friendly, even though she informed me that what I thought was a orange tag was a peach tag, so what I thought was 50% off was only 20% off.
I still got it.
Weirdest thing found: Nothing too bizarre, since it was a classy joint.
Organization was nice; the rooms were a bit crowded, and it was hard to get to everything without a minor catastrophe upon you.
Prices: Consignment level prices. The sale helped, but (from a bona fide tightwad's point of view) it wasn't cheap. So, if you're looking for a classy second-hand shop, for all intents and purposes, Feels Like Home does the job.
Exotic meter: Low on exotic; this place is just plain homey.

Find of the day: This all leather and be-elephanted purse caught my eye immediately. I couldn't stop wanting it, so I got it. I'm a bit ashamed and horrified to admit I paid $10 for it. But. I mean: Elephants. Leather. Spacious. Exotic. Must-have.

No comments:

Post a Comment