Thursday, June 24, 2010

VoA Thrift -- Katie

Here's how it went down: a certain Sarah arrives at my door and whisks me away to "a place with a sign". The sign turned out to be... The Volunteers of America Thrift Store. It had the most character out of any thrift store I've been to.
It was vibrant, to say the least. Display bookshelves had lyrics written on them. The dressing room had a chalkboard floor with words written all over it. There was a mannequin in the window with a tinfoil bikini. All of this was promising.
My load included:
A 50¢ Fleetwood Mac Vinyl ("Mystery to Me"), which I decided to buy because of the amazing album art.
50¢ for two bangles that were NOT (I repeat: were NOT) sticky to the touch.
~$1 for an Aeropostale long-sleeve Henley shirt that makes the word "frugality" come to mind.
I probably would have come away with more, but racks didn't follow sizes; as a smaller person, it's a pain to wade through pleated slacks that someone's grandmother wore twenty years ago (bless her heart).

It's worthwhile, especially since everything was 50% off. Clearance at thrift stores is a little heaven on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment